The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at P.R.Engineering College was established in the year 2000 which speaks volumes of the high-quality instruction and training imparted to its students. Manned by highly qualified, committed and dynamic faculty and staff, the department in its short existence has emerged as one of the leading departments in the region in terms of placements, university results, quality of project work, extra/co-curricular activities and novel academic initiatives etc. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers programs of study leading to technical education degrees which educate and prepare students for rewarding carries in research and industry.
Vision and Mission
The College of Education will be a world leader in the integration of
- Teaching and learning
- Advancement of the knowledge base through research and scholarship, and Leadership in service and outreach.
- To become a centre of excellence in computer education and research and to create the platform for industrial consultancy.
- Help to prepare educational professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service, outreach, and leadership
- Provide widely recognized leadership in the improvement of teaching, learning, and the assessment of educational outcomes across the life span through research, scholarship, and technology
- To serve our students by teaching them problem solving, leadership and teamwork skills, and the value of a commitment quality, ethical behavior, and respect for others
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with organizations, focused on the improvement of education and workplace settings.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the College.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College.
Scope and Future
Computer Science and Engineering is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies. As computing is extensively applied to almost every walk of life it created massive jobs for Computer Engineering students. On the same time more demand and application kept it research funding alive attracting many students to opt for higher studies.
There are thousands of multinational and national software companies offer jobs to computer engineers. To name few famous, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Oracle, Cisco, Infosys, TCS, and Wipro. The generalized use of computers has increased the demand of computer technician in areas such as finance, energy, medicine, business-management, online libraries, cable television, electronic mail, the new banking systems, traffic control etc.
The most frequent openings are:
- Civil Service
- Training and Teaching
- Research Freelance Work
- Programmer and Analyst
- Private Commercial Companies
- Private Industrial Companies
- Software Production Companies
- Technical Consultancyt
- Computer Auditing
- Artificial Intelligence and new Technologies
- Analysis, Computer Management and Development Department
Computer Laboratory I
- Operating System Lab
- Compiler Design Lab
- System Software Lab
- Computer Networks Lab
Computer Laboratory II
- Visual Programming Lab
- Software Development Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Middleware Lab